- Elementary Schools
Information for Kindergarten Families - Important Choice
Dear Parkside, Roxbury and Lewis Kindergarten Families,
As you know, the Solon Schools have shifted to fully remote instruction for all learners last week at the recommendation of public health experts. We hope this communication will help provide more clarity on Kindergarten as we prepare for the start of the school year. Considering the items below, we are asking all Kindergarten families to confirm or change the choice you made for your child for the 2020-21 school year. The instructional schedule for students during full remote learning has been adjusted to help families better plan for the school day during this challenging time by shifting the primary live instruction to the morning and providing parent flexibility in the afternoons.
FULL-DAY KINDERGARTEN TUITION INFORMATION:
- There will be no tuition charged for full-day Kindergarten when the district is operating under fully remote instruction.
- We are suspending the September 15 first-semester tuition due date. A new due date will be sent to families once in-person instruction resumes.
- Once in-person instruction resumes, tuition will be prorated. If you have already paid in full, a prorated refund will be sent to you at a later date.
SELECTION OF FULL-DAY OR HALF-DAY INSTRUCTION:
We are asking all families to complete the Google link below by Sunday, August 9, to select one of the following options.Your choice may be the same as previously selected OR this may be a change.
- In-Person Full-Day K: Your child will resume in-person instruction as soon as our buildings reopen. You will be charged prorated tuition once in-person instruction resumes.
- In-Person Half-Day K: Your child will resume in-person instruction as soon as our buildings reopen. The hours of half-day K will be 8-10:45 AM or 11:45-2:30 PM. The AM or PM section of half-day will be assigned.
- Parent Choice Virtual Full-Day K: Your child will stay a virtual learner for the entire first semester even when our buildings reopen.
- Parent Selected Virtual Half-Day K: Your child will stay a virtual learner on a half-day schedule for the entire first semester even when our buildings reopen. The hours of half-day K will be 8-10:45 AM or 11:45-2:30 PM. The AM or PM section of half-day will be assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you select full-day or half-day instruction, you have committed for the entire 2020-2021 school year. Homeroom assignments are determined by these selections. Once you submit this form, we will consider this your final selection for the 2020-21 school year.
COMPLETE THE FINAL FAMILY KINDERGARTEN SELECTION FORM HERE:
- During the district’s fully remote learning, all Kindergarten students will follow the schedule options below based on your selection of full or half day.
- Upon building reopening, all full-day Kindergarten students, whether learning virtually or in-person, will resume the normal school day schedule previously shared.
Remote Learning Instructional Schedule
AM or PM Half-Day Kindergarten Schedule
SUPPLY PICK UP:
- Families will pick up student instructional supplies and Chromebooks on August 21, August 24 or August 25 from Noon-3 each day at your child’s assigned building location for the 20-21 school year. This will be a drive-through pick up. More information will follow closer to the week of August 21.
- You may pick-up a Chromebook and necessary materials for multiple families at one time. For instance, you could gather materials for a neighbor or friend as long as their child attends the school from which you are picking up materials.
- There will be additional supply pick ups throughout the quarter and more details will be forthcoming.
- Attendance will be taken daily.
- You will need to call your child’s main office attendance line each day that your child will be absent.This is required whether learning from home or in-person.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to update your Kindergarten preference with us so that we can move ahead with placing your students for the upcoming school year. Your patience and understanding of the fluid nature of this situation is appreciated.
Julia Howell, principal of Lewis School, email@example.com
Mariann Moeschberger, principal of Roxbury School, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Sullen, principal of Parkside School, email@example.com