What's for Lunch?
The Food & Nutrition Services Department is committed now, more than ever, to improving the health and academic potential of our students ... building Strong Bodies and Bright Minds one meal at a time.
Our menu has been redesigned to ensure students receive a nutritionally balanced meal every day, successfully serving the needs of our students wherever they dine—in the cafeteria, the classroom, or at home!
- Solon High School: Beginning October 19, Lunches will be served from kiosks stationed throughout the building. To receive a meal from the Solon High School cafeteria, please complete a meal request form by 8:00AM every day your child wishes to buy lunch. ACCESS THE FORM HERE.
- All other schools will take lunch counts during first period, beginning October 5. No order form is necessary. Lunches will be delivered to classrooms and served in the cafeteria per your school’s specific lunch plan.
- Allergen Free Meals: Allergen free meals, free from the major eight allergens, will be available upon request at the checkout. If your child has an allergen on file with the district, they will automatically receive the allergen free meal. If you wish to change your child’s allergen needs, please contact Lynne Hutchison, MS, RDN, LD at (440)349-7703 or LynneHutchison@solonboe.org.
- All Schools: The School Lunch Home Delivery Program will continue to serve those learning from home.
- If you had been receiving home delivered meals during the full-remote period and wish to continue you do not need to do anything.
- If you had been receiving home delivered meals and wish to discontinue deliveries or change your delivery address, please complete the form found HERE.
- If you previously did not receive home delivered meals, but wish to start, please complete the form found HERE.
Each meal will consist of foods from all major food groups—protein, grains, vegetables, fruits, and dairy—and is carefully planned to meet or exceed federally mandated guidelines by:
- Emphasizing whole grain-rich foods
- Offering at least 1/2 cup of fruits and vegetables every day
- Focusing on lean protein options to support growth and development
- Providing choices for low-fat flavored and unflavored milk
- Limiting the number of desserts offered to allow for an emphasis on nutrient-rich foods
- Minimizing sodium, while maximizing flavor
To further support our commitment to you, we promise to:
- Provide a wide variety of fresh, nutritious foods that are enticing for all ages.
- Feed ALL our students through flexible dining options, such as classroom delivery, centralized kiosks for quick Grab & Go meals, and curbside pick-up for virtual learners.
- Uphold food safety and sanitation standards recommended by the Cuyahoga County Board of Health, the Ohio Department of Education, the Centers for Disease Control, and the United States Department of Agriculture.
We appreciate your support and thank you for purchasing your child's meal through the Solon City Schools' Food & Nutrition Services Department!
Questions? Contact Lynne Hutchison, MS, RDN, LD at (440)349-7703 or LynneHutchison@solonboe.org.
You May Qualify for Free & Reduced Lunches
If your family circumstances have changed recently, please consider filling out a Free & Reduced Lunch application. This application can be completed at any time.
To access the online application, go to: https://sdms.solonschools.org/sdms2/
Step-by-step instructions are available at: https://www.solonschools.org/cms/lib/OH01814653/Centricity/Domain/481/QuikApps_Parent_Experience_User_Guide_2019-20.pdf
If you need assistance or have questions, please contact Lynne Hutchison, Director of Food & Nutrition Services, at LynneHutchison@solonboe.org.
Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer Program
The program is administered by the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services and provides additional monetary assistance to households with children who are eligible for free or reduced-priced meals. For more information, consult ODJFS web page at https://jfs.ohio.gov/ofam/p-ebt.stm
Lunch Prices for the 2020-21 School Year
Until further notice, students' lunch accounts will not be charged for ordered lunches due to temporary funding assistance through the USDA under the CARES Act for pandemic relief. This is available for all students until the funding is depleted.
Grades K-6: $3.40
Grades 7-12: $3.65