Welcome to the Solon Organized Parent Education Network!
Please join our Solon O.P.E.N. (Organized Parent Education Network) Facebook community to stay up-to-date on event scheduling and news from the Solon Parent Mentor!
NEWS FROM THE PARENT MENTOR
Hi, I'm Joanna Innes, the district's Parent Mentor. I am a member of the district’s Special Education staff responsible for providing families of students with disabilities additional resources, guidance, and support as we navigate Solon’s Special Education system.
I am a FREE and confidential resource - provided to you through a grant from the Ohio Department of Education - here to help you learn to better advocate for your child, to facilitate communication between you and school personnel, and to answer any questions that may arise.
Contact Information: (440) 349-8039 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Resources - To watch OPEN programs in the video archive, head over to Solon Education TV.
- OPEN Program on Next Generation Assessments - January 28 2015 - 1/30/2015
- Growth Mindset by Meagan Bellan, Solon School Psychologist - 9/23/2014
- Internet Safety Tips from December 5 OPEN Program - 12/11/2013
- Executive Function Informational eBook - Handout from November 2013 OPEN Program - 12/5/2013
- Anxiety - When is the Worry Too Much - March 2013 - 3/22/2013
- 504 Plans PowerPoint by US Dept of Education Office for Civil Rights 2013 - 2/27/2013
- 504 Plans Key Concepts and Flow Chart - 2/27/2013
- Parent Q & A On ADA Amendments for Students with Disabilities - 2/27/2013
- iPad Apps for Students with Disabilities - 2/27/2013