Our MissionSolon City Schools, a diverse collaborative learning community of families, staff, and community members, will ensure all students attain the knowledge and skills to succeed and become contributing, ethical citizens in a global society, through our unwavering commitment to inspire every student to achieve personal excellence.
Our BeliefsWe believe each individual has inherent worth and dignity.
We believe education empowers people.
We believe lifelong learning is essential in a changing world.
We believe educated citizens are essential to America's future.
We believe quality public schools are essential to American Democracy.
We believe quality education is worth the investment of time, effort and money.
We believe all students can and will learn.
We believe all students have the right to reach their potential.
We believe education is a partnership of the student, home, school and community.
We believe all families have primary responsibility for the growth and development of their children.
We believe honesty and integrity are essential values throughout our school system and community.
We believe quality teachers are essential to quality education.
We believe learning thrives in a safe, nurturing and supportive environment.
We believe positive self-esteem fosters learning and learning promotes self-esteem.
We believe optimum education occurs when students accept responsibility for their own learning.
We believe diversity enriches our community.
We believe our schools serve the entire community.
- 100% of our students will demonstrate proficiency in the state assessment system and the percent of students at the advanced and accelerated levels on these tests will increase at each school and grade level annually.
- Each student will meet or exceed his or her expected academic growth targets as measured by the state’s value-added progress measure.
- 100% of our students will achieve Solon’s grade level or course academic content standards.
- Each student will demonstrate increasing responsibility for becoming a self-directed learner by developing such capabilities as critical-thinking, self-assessment, problem-solving and collaboration.
- We will educate our policymakers and Solon stakeholders about the financial crisis facing the Solon Schools and our community and actively engage both to find solutions that provide adequate funding to ensure financial stability.
- We will ensure we can maintain the quality of our programs and facilities so they can support academics, arts, athletics and activities.
- We will more consistently and effectively communicate our educational goals and initiatives to staff, parents and our community.
- We will ensure each student is actively engaged in his or her own learning and demonstrating increasing responsibility toward becoming a self-directed learner who is capable of utilizing skills such as critical-thinking, self-assessment, problem-solving and collaboration.
- We will fully implement an assessment system to monitor the achievement of content standards for grade levels or courses as well as measure adequate yearly progress against those standards.
- We will ensure the entire community promotes and embraces the district’s beliefs, academic standards and behavioral expectations necessary to become successful, contributing ethical citizens.