Phone: (440) 349-7723
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Ryan Conner
Physical Education Teacher
Welcome to my website. I hope you find it informative and helpful. Please take time to navigate this site for more information about the Parkside Elementary Physical Education Program.
* My ultimate goal as a teacher is to help each student reach their ultimate potential.
* My five main objectives are:
1) For students to be safe
2) For students to have fun
3) For students to learn
4) For students to improve
5) For students to be respectful
* Please make sure that students have the appropriate shoes on the days they have physical education. Students are not allowed to wear the following shoes: No boots, dress shoes, crocs, sandles, slides, of any kind. Students are only allowed to wear an athletic shoe.
Assessments students will take throughout the year based on the Ohio State Physical Education Standards
- Basketball skills
- Soccer skills
- Jump Rope
- Motor skills
- Gymnastics skills
Fitness Assessment students will participate in this year
- Sit-ups (Core Strength)
- Push-ups (Upper body strength)
- Pacer Test (Endurance)
- Sit-n-reach (Flexibility)
* Please remember that students should be participating in actvities where they are moving for 60 minutes each day. Research has shown that exercise helps us to think better, feel better, sleep better, and be overall healthier. Kids who exercise regularly and achieve the 60 min per day of activities where they are moving are able to focus and concentrate better in school. Please see the following article in the New York Times
* Here is another great article discussing the positive impact exercise has on overall health and academic performance:
* Please take a look at the websites on the Helpful Resources page as well.
* Please contact me if you ever have any questions.