Phone: (440) 349-7757 x5513
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S., Secondary English Education: Slippery Rock University (summa cum laude) Minor, Communications: Slippery Rock University M. Ed., Reading Specialist: Kent State University
Mrs. Valerie Parillo
Welcome to Solon Middle School. You are contributing the to the legacy of 7 East!
Daily, students should bring their independent reading book, a pencil, and CHARGED Chromebook to class.
On the first day of school, each of my students should also bring to my class...
- A box of tissues (can be any size or brand)
- A school-only set of headphones (can also be used for other classes; doesn't have to stay in the room but should stay in the locker after school)
- A flexible/cloth pencil pouch to hold writing utensils
- Multiple colored pens (neon is not recommended)
- Mutiple colored highlighters
- A 1" binder for language arts materials
- A pack of 5 divider tabs (they come in packs of 5. If you buy a pack of 8, you can keep the extras somewhere else OR donate them to my classroom supply!)
- A library card with the pin memorized (does not have to belong to the student, but it is strongly encouraged that students have their own library card)
Over the summer, students are expected to read a grade-appropriate fiction book and nonfiction book. We will be discussing these books in the first week of school. Start strong!
I regularly check my e-mail over the summer (firstname.lastname@example.org), so if you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me with the subject line "SMS language arts" & I'll do my best to answer your question.