Phone: (440) 349-6230 x5388
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Chemistry - University of Mary Washington M.T. Science Ed - University of Virginia AP Chemistry Certified IB Chemistry Certified
Mr. Matthew Kirk
I hope that everyone is doing well and staying safe at home. Key words there, at home. Please know that I am missing you all and wish that things were normal. But they are not, so we will do the best that we can together.
1. Starting Monday, 4/6, readings/assignments/videos will be posted at 8AM on normal school days on Google Classroom. These are to be completed, and in some cases, turned in for points.
2. These assignments will be posted each day at 8AM and are due by 8AM the following school day. I know your personal schedules are a bit crazy as well, so I will gladly accept late submissions.
3. Make sure to check the calendar links over on the side menu. I will keep these updated, so that you many have a better idea of what is coming up.
4. For now, please email with any questions. I'm checking constantly and will get back to you ASAP. We can communicate through email or even do a live Google Meet session.
That's about all I have for now.
Be patient. Be kind. Stay safe.
Welcome to our class website. This website will serve as an important resource for all students taking both Forensics and Honors Chemistry with me at SHS. You can find a calendar which contains information about daily classes, homework assignments, as well as upcoming test dates. Any handouts given in class will be posted to the files section for students to access outside of class. Students can also review lecture notes, demos, and worked problems at the class website, which is currently under construction.
Students in Forensics and Honors Chemistry should have the following supplies:
- Binder or folder for handouts
- Notebook paper
- Pencils, pens, and colored pencils
- One roll of paper towels
- One scientific calculator (needs to be able to do 'ex' and 'log' functions)