Welcome to 5th-Grade Band!
During our time together in Music Specials, your student will be introduced to the band instrument choices for this year: flute, clarinet, trumpet, and trombone. The students will have the opportunity to audition to switch to other instruments (saxophone, percussion, etc.) at a later date.
While the program may look a little different this year, we are committed to providing a fun, safe environment for students to learn an instrument.
5th Grade Band will begin September 8th
What do we do now?
- Acquire an instrument. If you own an instrument, please make sure it is in good working order. If you are interested in instrument rentals, we have provided links to a few companies that we recommend.
- Purchase the books and supplies for your instrument:
- Standard of Excellence, book 1
- Flute only: cleaning rod and a small, soft cloth (can be an old t-shirt)
- Clarinet only: Rico or Rico Royal 2.5 clarinet reeds, Rovner ligature, cork grease, swab
- Trumpet only: valve oil
- Trombone only: Yamaha trombone slide lubricant
Recommended Music Stores (for rental instruments and supplies):
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
Stephanie DeLine: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trent Siebert: email@example.com