2021-22 FREE LUNCH & SCHOOL FEE WAIVER INFORMATION
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! Children need healthy meals to learn. The Solon Schools offer healthy meals every school day. For the 2021-2022 school year, all students will receive a lunch at no charge, without any free or reduced-price lunch application. Lunch options are listed on the online menu found on the district’s website. You do not need to complete a lunch application to receive a free lunch. Your child’s lunch account will only be charged if your child chooses to purchase any of our a la carte offerings.
However, to determine eligibility for various additional benefits, including school fee waivers, kindergarten tuition assistance, and P-EBT benefits, please submit an online application if your income falls within or below the guidelines listed in the chart below. This information will not impact your child’s ability to receive a free lunch.
Please review the following information carefully. A NEW APPLICATION MUST BE APPROVED FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR TO RECEIVE A FEE WAIVER, KINDERGARTEN TUITION ASSISTANCE, OR P-EBT BENEFITS.
All applications on file will be subject to verification. You may be asked to send written proof of your income. If you fail to provide proof of income, school fees and kindergarten tuition will be reinstated and P-EBT benefits will be revoked.
There are two methods for qualification:
- DIRECT CERTIFICATION
- If you received a letter stating that your child is ELIGIBLE FOR DIRECT CERTIFICATION, YOU DO NOT need to fill out an application. Your child is automatically eligible for the fee waiver, kindergarten tuition assistance, and P-EBT benefits.
- All children living in the household with a child who qualifies under Direct Certification are also eligible for free lunches and fee waivers. Please contact Lynne Hutchison, Solon Food Service Director, at (440) 349-7703 or LynneHutchison@solonboe.org, if there are additional children in the household who were not listed in the letter.
- ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
Please use the following link to access the online application: CLICK HERE FOR FREE LUNCH & SCHOOL FEE WAIVER APPLICATION
- You only need to complete one application for all the students living in your household regardless of which school they attend.
- You will need your students’ Solon student ID numbers to complete the application.
- Once you have filled out the application, you will receive confirmation of qualifying within 12-48 hours.
- If you do not receive confirmation that your application has been processed, please contact Lynne Hutchison, Solon Food Service Director, at (440) 349-7703 or LynneHutchison@solonboe.org.
Your children may qualify for fee waivers, kindergarten tuition assistance, and P-EBT benefits if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart:
Income eligibility guidelines
Each additional person: