One2One Student Information
School UseGeneral Guidelines
- Students are responsible for bringing a fully charged Chromebook to school each day for class use.
- Students must comply with Solon City School's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
- Students will be required to access multiple forms of electronic media and communication to support the educational goals and objectives of the Solon City School District.
- Students are responsible for ethical and educational use of the technology resources of the Solon City School District.
- Transmission of any material that is in violation of any federal or state law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to the following: confidential information, copyrighted material, threatening or obscene material, and computer viruses.
- Users of Solon City School District Technology have no rights, ownership, or expectations of privacy to any data that is, or was, stored on the Chromebook, school network, or any school-issued application and are given no guarantees that data will be retained or destroyed.
- Any attempt to alter data, the configuration of a Chromebook, or the files of another user, without the consent of the individual, building administrator, or Director of Technology, will be considered an act of vandalism and subject to disciplinary action in accordance with the student handbook and other applicable school policies
- Use or possession of hacking software is strictly prohibited and violators will be subject to discipline.
- Students should not open, use, or change files that do not belong to them.
- Students should not reveal their full name, phone number, home address, social security number, credit card numbers, passwords, or the private information of other students.
- Students should not store any materials that are private or confidential. All Chromebook devices and accessories are the property of the Solon City School District and may be accessed by district staff.
- If students inadvertently access a website that contains obscene, pornographic or otherwise offensive material, they must exit the site immediately.
- Students should comply with trademark and copyright laws. For more information about copyright law and fair use click here .
- Students should give credit to all sources used, whether quoted or summarized. Plagiarism is a violation of the student policy. All forms of media on the Internet including graphics, movies, music, and text should be properly cited.
- Always use appropriate and proper language in electronic communication.
- Do not transmit language or material that may be considered profane, obscene, abusive, or offensive to others.
- Email and other forms of electronic communication should be related to educational needs.
- Email and other forms of electronic communication are subject to inspection by the school at anytime.
- Students should not use their @solonschools.net email account to register for social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, Instagram, Vine, Kik Messenger, WhatsApp, etc.
- Failure to comply with the policies of the Solon City Schools Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) will result in disciplinary action.
- The district cooperates fully with local, state or federal officials in any investigation concerning or relating to violations of computer crime laws.
I will show respect for myself through my actions. I will consider the information and images that I post online. I will consider what personal information about my life, experiences, experimentation or relationships I post. I will not be obscene.
I will ensure that the information, images and materials I post online will not put me at risk. I will not publish my personal details, contact details or a schedule of my activities. I will report any attacks or inappropriate behavior directed at me. I will protect passwords, accounts and resources.
I will show respect to others. I will not use electronic mediums to antagonize, bully, harass or stalk other people. I will show respect for other people in my choice of websites. I will not abuse my rights of access and I will not enter other people's private spaces or areas.
I will protect others by reporting abusive, bullying, threatening, and/or harassing materials or communications.
Respect Intellectual Property
I will properly cite websites, books, media etc. I will acknowledge the work of others. I will attempt to validate the credibility of informaiton that I use from the Internet. I will use and abide by the fair use rules.
Protect Intellectual Property
I will purchase, license and register all software or use free and open source alternatives. I will purchase music and media, and refrain from distributing these in a manner that violates their licenses.