The One2One program provides 7th through 12th-grade students with Chromebook computers to use at school and home. During the COVID-19 pandemic all students in kindergartern throguh 12th grade were issued Chromebooks to use at home during virtual learning.
Chromebook CareStudents are responsible for the care of the Chromebook they have been issued by the school. Solon City School District provides a service plan for Chromebooks and each school maintains a Chromebook Help Desk at the Media Center. Broken or damaged chromebooks must be taken to the Chromebook Help Desk. The help desk will provide students with a replacement device, or fix the existing one, limiting an interruption to time in class. Do not take district owned Chromebooks to an outside computer service for any type of repairs or maintenance.
Chromebooks are assigned to students for 3 years. Please observe the following guidelines to ensure that your Chromebook will stay in good condition for 3 years.
- Please do not carry your Chromebook by the screen. Screens can easily crack when lifted by a corner.
- Please feel free to personalize your Chromebook iCover, but do not place stickers or drawing on the Chromebook itself. Vents CANNOT be covered.
- Please do not remove or tamper with Solon City School District Asset tag.
- Please do not leave your Chromebook in a car. Exposure to extreme heat or cold may damage the Chromebook.
- Please do not place books or other objects on top of or against the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
- Please clean the screen with a soft cloth. Always use a water dampened towel to clean your screen or the cover of the Chromebook. Cleaning solvents can damage the screen.