Got News? We want to share it!
Solon Schools Communications is dedicated to showcasing the talents and achievements of our students.
The Solon Schools is one of Ohio’s premier districts. District achievement results continually rank among the state’s best.
A dynamic Strategic Planning process yields continuing direction for sharing innovations in curriculum development and implementation as well as quality programming in education, technology, activities, athletics and the arts throughout the district. We are continually utilizing new avenues to widening and deepen the ways we communicate with families, students, staff, our community and other important stakeholders in the Solon Schools.
A Communications Action Team was engaged in spring 2016 as part of the district’s ongoing Strategic Planning process. An in-depth of review and analysis of the district communications program, as well as an online community-wide survey, reinforced that the Solon and Glenwillow communities are well connected to and knowledgeable about the Solon Schools and our programs.
To build on that connectivity, www.solonschools.org is an important component of the Communications Actions Plans, which underscore electronic communication as the preferred means of communication. The web site is the main hub of information for students, families and staff.
Our goal is information sharing that reinforces our most important themes:
- Inspiring excellence through a high-quality educational program for all students.
- Diverse programmatic offerings in academics, arts, activities and athletics.
- District effectiveness and efficiency, including fiscal responsibility and accountability.
- Curriculum alignment to Ohio’s Learning Standards and research-based best practices.
- The evolution of education to a standards-based and collaborative learning environment that prepares students with 21st century skills and content knowledge.
Connect with us! #WeAreSC #InspiringExcellence