Welcome to the Solon Organized Parent Education Network!
February 11 at 7 p.m. at the Solon Board of Education
Special education is clearly defined by the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) for students ages 3-22. But what options and services are available after high school for students who want to continue their education? Today, more colleges and universities are expanding their supports for learners with disabilities.
Join Solon’s Organized Parent Education Network on February 11 at 7 p.m. in the Board of Education conference room for an informative session on post-secondary options.
Dr. Lisa Audet, provost faculty associate at Kent State University, along with a panel of KSU students with disabilities will share information about post-secondary options at college.
RSVPs are requested but not required. CLICK HERE TO RSVP: https://forms.gle/yfK5rvt8VUAt6Xh67
NEXT PROGRAM: Executive Function - March 2
- OPEN Program on Next Generation Assessments - January 28 2015 - 1/30/2015
- Growth Mindset by Meagan Bellan, Solon School Psychologist - 9/23/2014
- Internet Safety Tips from December 5 OPEN Program - 12/11/2013
- Executive Function Informational eBook - Handout from November 2013 OPEN Program - 12/5/2013
- Anxiety - When is the Worry Too Much - March 2013 - 3/22/2013
- 504 Plans PowerPoint by US Dept of Education Office for Civil Rights 2013 - 2/27/2013
- 504 Plans Key Concepts and Flow Chart - 2/27/2013
- Parent Q & A On ADA Amendments for Students with Disabilities - 2/27/2013
- iPad Apps for Students with Disabilities - 2/27/2013