TPP Call to Action
CONTACT SENATE PRESIDENT LARRY OBHOF, FINANCE CHAIRMAN SCOTT OELSLAGER & GOV. KASICH NOW!
Our TPP amendment is gaining traction - We need your help contacting key lawmakers!
Here’s what you can do:
- Call, write or email Gov. Kasich. Postcards are available at the Board of Education, City Hall and Solon Chamber of Commerce.
- Call or email Senate President Larry Obhof and Finance Chair Scott Oelslager.
- Tell them how important it is to you and our community that the state continue TPP funding for to schools for the loss of the tangible personal property taxes AND to support the Dolan amendment on TPP.
- For Solon, the loss of funding through the accelerated TPP phase out will be devastating. If no change in law occurs during the current biennial budget session, the Solon Schools will lose more than $3 million in annual state funding on July 1 and a total of $8.3 million a year at the end of the phase out (a loss of $1,800 per student).
- Sample letters and easy contact information for Gov. Kasich and each Ohio senator follows. Please be sure to include your name and contact information. Personalize the letter and email or mail to the senators.
- Mail postcards to Gov. Kasich and senators. Pre-printed postcards are available at the Solon Board of Education, Solon City Hall and the Solon Chamber of Commerce. Please be sure to put at least 34 cents postage on your postcards.
Senate President Larry Obhof: 614-466-7505 or via email at SD22@ohiosenate.gov
Senate Finance Chair Scott Oelslager: 614-466-0626 or via email at SD29@ohiosenate.gov
With $8.3 million in annual revenue from the State of Ohio at risk, the Solon Schools are advocating in Columbus to change state law and reverse the phase out of Tangible Personal Property tax funding.